NCERT Words and Expression Unit 11 Solution
1. Facial expressions are non-verbal communications. These expressions play an important role in a play. They are powerful communication tools. The human face is extremely expressive. It is able to convey countless emotions without saying a word. Expressions tell us the mood of the characters in the play. Some facial expressions are given below. The facial expressions are for happiness, sadness, anger, surprise, fear, and disgust. Look at the facial expressions and write which emotion do they express.
Ans- 1- Anger ,2- Disgust, 3- Fear, 4- Happiness, 5- Sadness, 6- Surprise
2. You have read ‘The Proposal’, a one act play. It is a farce. The play is set in only one location, the drawing room of Chubukov’s house. All three characters in the play are quarrelsome people and they quarrel over petty issues. Lomov and Natalya start with the issue like a piece of land that is situated at the border between the two neighbors’ properties. The discussion turns into a quarrel and the marriage proposal is forgotten. They shout at each other. They are again dragged into an argument over the superiority of each other’s dogs. So, they drag their ancestors in their foolish quarrel. They again abuse each other and call names
Ans- DO IT YOUR SELF.
Q.1. What do you understand by the word ‘anger’?
Ans- Anger is a normal and healthy emotion it is absense of peace with oneself ,people, or situation around us.
Q.2. List any four strategies to manage anger.
Ans- (a) Take five deep breaths
(b) Get phycicall activity
(c) Count up to ten
(d) Drink water
Q.3. How can you develop strengths of character as given in the passage above?
Ans- We can develop strength of character by reabsing our own shortcomings
Q.4. Anger management helps you in (Tick the correct answer.)—
Ans- (b) developing strength of character
Q.5. What is under our control? How can we make it a positive one?
Ans- Our response is under our control. We can make it positive one by increasing our capacity to tolerate abillity to understand and by learning to nature love for others.
Q.1. What is the physical violence that J. Krishnamurti is talking about?
Ans- The phycical violence that J. Krishnamurti is talking about is to kill another, to hurt other people
thought without, to say cruel things and to critics pepole.
Q.2. What is the violence that cannot be expressed?
Ans- The inward violence cannot be expressed. We fight and battel with ourselves and do not express it.
We want to people change and we want force them to our way of thinking.
Q.3. War, the ultimate violence, could be due to (Tick the correct options)—
(e) all of the above
Q.4. How has J. Krishnamurti given the feelings of the rich and the poor in the given paragraph?
Ans- According to him, the rich want to keep people poor and the poor want to get rich and the process ,hate the rich.
Q.5. What is the role of education in a human being’s life?
Ans- Education makes a man become really beautiful healthy sane ,and rational . It will help human beings bring about a new society, a new world.
Q.6. How, as a student, will you create a new world?
Ans- We can create a new world by not following the old, brutual culture . We have to ponder upon the outward cruelty of man to man in the name of god, religion, self-importance, and security of family.
1. Some verbs are given below. Write their nouns and adverb forms in the space provided.
- Though 'tell' and 'say' almost mean the same, there are differences in the wage of the two words. "Tell' is always followed by an indirect object but say is not.
- We can use 'ask' with or without an indirect example