CBSE OFFICIAL QUESTION BANK SOLUTIONS : A LETTER TO GOD
L-1 A Letter to God
Multiple Choice Questions based on an extract
- i} Based on the detail of the house’s location, how can it best be described?
- a) majestic b) imposing c) solitary d) unique
- ii}The field of corn dotted with flowers means that
- a) not a single flower was bigger than a dot
- b) the flowers were scattered across.
- c) the flowers were in shaped like dots.
- d) the flowers had shrunk in size.
- iii}Lencho wished for a downpour or a heavy shower. Pick the option that correctly lists the correct match for kinds of rain.
- a) 1-ii,2-iv,3-v,4-i,5-iii
- b) 1-iv,2-i,3-iii,4-v,5-ii
- c) 1-v,2-iii,3-iv,4-ii,5-i
- d) 1-iii,2-v,3-i,4-ii,5-iv
- iv) Based on the given extract, what is Lencho NOT likely to think while looking at his field?
- v}Which quote supports the idea in the given extract?
- a) “Farming is a profession of hope.”
- b) “I would rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.”
- c) “Farming looks mighty easy when your plough is a pencil, and you’re a thousand miles from the cornfield.”
- d) “Those too lazy to plough in the right season will have no food at the harvest.”
(B) When he finished, he went to the window to buy a stamp which he licked and then affixed to the envelope with a blow of his fist. The moment the letter fell into the mailbox the postmaster went to open it. It said: “God: Of the money that I asked for, only seventy pesos reached me. Send me the rest, since I need it very much. But don’t send it to me through the mail because the post office employees are a bunch of crooks. Lencho.”
- i}‘…bunch of crooks.’ Pick the option that DOES NOT collate with ‘bunch of’, correctly.
- ii }What was the most likely response that the postmaster expected in 6 Lencho’s second letter?
- i) sorrowful ii) gratitude iii) disappointment iv) elation v) shock
- iii}Pick the option that lists the option corresponding to—'with a blow of his fist.’
- iv} Lencho’s letter included
- a) details of his problems.
- b) description of the post office.
- c) belief of being looted.
- d) List of further demands.
- v} Pick the most suitable quote for this extract.
- a) “It is easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” – Mark Twain
- b) “Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.”- Confucius
- c) “You see a person’s true colours when you are no longer beneficial to their life.”- anonymous
- d) “True generosity means accepting ingratitude.” - Coco Chanel
Q10. Answer in 20-30 words.
Q11. Answer in 40-50 words
Q12. Answer in 100-120 words (beyond text and across texts)
- 1. Here women have faith in God in the same way the Lencho had in god.
- 2. The men made fun of her in the same way the postmaster did with Lencho's letter.
- 3.The men also helped the lady in the same way as the manager helped Lencho.
- 4. She considers a devil as help from god.
- 1. The women became happy by seeing the food but Lencho became angry because the amount of money was less than desired.
- 2. The men said to pretend as if he was a devil if a lady asks. On the other hand, the postmaster signed as the god.
- 3. The postmaster was a representative of God. Evaluate this statement in the context of your understanding of ‘A Letter to God”.